The Sockets are safe It is not possible to insert the lighting element from cigarette lighters into the Sockets. This surface version is a rectangular socket in a plastic shroud. The socket inside the box can be recessed. This Plant-on Socket is preferred when recessing is difficult or a neat installation is not so important. It is suitable and easy to mount in the car, motor bike, truck etc… It costs more than a recessable Socket, but since it takes only two screw holes to fit it and no tools for a 1 1/8 inch hole, it is very often a cheaper alternative after all. To fit use two about 48 mm nickeled brass or stainless steel screws. The centres of the screw holes to be 40 mm apart. Screws are not included as the kind to use depends on the properties of the panel. It is imperative there be a fuse between power source and socket
· 6-50DCV 16Amp Black plastic housing.
· Tight sealing flexible UV stabilised flap cover.
· All non-corrosive metal parts – nickel plated brass.
· Inside rim keeps all accessory plugs securely connected.
· Twin pole.
· Push-on blade terminals with polarity marks.
· Weight: 61 g.