SOLAREDGE SMART HOT WATER IMMERSION HEATER SUPPLY AND INSTALL
The Smart Energy Hot Water 4.8kW Immersion heater diverts excess energy produced by the PV system to a load, normally a hot water heater. The device saves energy and reduces utility bills by storing energy as hot water during the day when surplus energy is high, and providing free hot water later on in the day. You can configure the Smart Energy products locally through the inverter, or remotely
via the monitoring platform (or monitoring smartphone app).
Reference No. SEHWI
Smart Energy Products:
Designed to automatically use the PV system's excess power to increase solar energy usage, SolarEdge’s smart energy products help the homeowner achieve lower electricity bills, increased energy independence, and greater convenience. The smart energy suite combines PV production, storage management, and home automation, all under the control of a single SolarEdge inverter.
SolarEdge’s smart energy products feature wireless communication with the SolarEdge inverter, and are ideally suited for a variety of home automation applications.
Smart Energy Hot Water:
Designed to automatically divert excess solar energy to power home water heating systems, the smart energy hot water device
- Offers cost-effective thermal energy storage compared to Li-ion batteries
- Further reduce your electricity bills by growing their solar self-consumption
Turn Excess Solar into Big Energy Savings-
Help cut into the high costs of heating water, estimated at up to 22% of the electricity bill of average European households1. By adding the SolarEdge hot water device to new or existing SolarEdge PV systems, you can drive up homeowner’s solar self-consumption and potentially grow their energy savings by 20-40%.
Hot Water Never Felt So Clean-
Limit your reliance on fossil fuels by going solar with SolarEdge. Install the smart energy hot water device and ensure a clean, renewable electricity source for heating water.
Give Your Customers the Easy Life-
Once installed, the hot water device seamlessly integrates with the SolarEdge monitoring platform letting homeowners conveniently control water heating directly from their smartphone.
They can use one of several user-friendly modes to manually turn the device on/off, or switch to Timer or Scheduler operation. Excess solar can also be prioritised to the hot water device before other devices, ensuring it benefits most from available solar energy.
- Increases self-consumption by diverting excess solar energy to the hot water boiler
- Minimises the electricity needed to heat water, for reduced electricity bills
- Enables cost-effective thermal energy storage compared to Li-ion batteries
- Delivers high efficiency of >98%
- Powers purely resistive loads of up to 4.8kW
- Reads water temperature using an optional temperature sensor
- Connects to SolarEdge residential inverters via wireless communication
- Integrates easily with the SolarEdge monitoring platform
*Refer to spec sheet for more information